Welcome to “WealthSmarts.”
I’ve resolved to do something about my newsletter! Quite honestly, this has been a struggle for me. The occasional newsletters I’ve published in the past were time-consuming to produce, costly to print and mail and environmentally wasteful. Time to finally enter the 21st Century!
“WealthSmarts” will be a more frequent but quick read. We recognize that our clients and friends are very busy, value our environment and are only interested in well-written, relevant and educational content. Although we want to keep the content entertaining, we will not get cheesy! WealthSmarts will also be our tool to help communicate time-sensitive news quickly.
For future reference, most issues will be posted to our front page “blog” at www.wealthsmart.ca . This will allow you to delete each emailed issue once you’ve read it, knowing that you will always be able to view it on our website. However, you’ll need to stay on our list in order to receive some of the articles that we are not able to post.
Here are just a few of our ideas for future publication:
- “Rethink the Way You Invest” – a series where we draw on the lessons of science and common sense to help our readers transform their investment experience.
- Behavioural Finance - A plain English guide to why we behave the way we do as investors and tips on how to make more logical decisions.
- Guest writers - Since I don’t have all the answers, I’d like to draw on several key writers when the message is relevant to you.
- Research - We enjoy a unique feedback loop with the academic world and my role is to help interpret this knowledge and see where it can help in planning, building and securing your wealth.
- Travels with the Vetters - learning financial lessons through observations made while traveling. Since I’ll be in Europe for the month of May, this will be a good place to start.
There will be an “Opt-Out” feature if, over time, you find the newsletters to be of no value to you. We would encourage you, however, to stay on the list as it will become our primary tool for delivering relevant news to you.
As always, we welcome your feedback and hope you enjoy our new on-line publication.